My first recipe is...Macaroni & Cheese!
This recipe for macaroni & cheese has been a favorite in our house for many many years, and I made it for supper tonight! It's a delicious recipe and is super easy! The only downside is that it takes quite a while when you are stirring the sauce. We use the recipe from Betty Crocker's Cookbook.
MACARONI AND CHEESE
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni, rigatoni, or spinach egg noodles (about 6 oz.) [we usually use elbows, but we didn't have any in the house, so I used ziti instead.]
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 8 oz. process sharp American or Swiss cheese, process American cheese loaf or process cheese spread loaf, cut into 1/2-inh cubes [we always use Cheddar cheese and just grate it in the food processor, but you could really probably use whichever cheese (cheddar, american, pepper jack, etc.) is your favorite.]
Cook macaroni. [Boil according to package, and drain.] Cook and stir margarine, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat until onion is slightly tender. Blend in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted.
Place macaroni in ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole. Stir cheese sauce into macaroni. Cook uncovered in 375 degree oven 30 minutes. 5 SERVINGS.
Well thank you for reading! And now I will reward you with some pictures of the Mac & Cheese! :)
Cheese sauce after it's finished cooking
Mary "sampling" it :)
All put together!
Mom modeling the food on a princess plate :)
It's bubbling all the way to the right...Mmmm!
Let me know if you make the recipe, and I would love to see pictures! :)