1.10.2012

Ludovico Einaudi


A couple years ago one of my good friends gave me a CD that she had made as a sort of "soundtrack" to a story she had written. It wasn't music that she had written, but songs that she thought might be playing in certain scenes of her book were it to be a movie. (Not that she thought it would be made into a movie, she wasn't thinking that at all, the music just seemed to go with the particular scenes). Anyway, one of the songs she put on the CD was "Nuvole Bianche" by Ludovico Einaudi.
Nuvole Bianche by Ludovico Einaudi on Grooveshark 
I absolutely fell in LOVE with that song, and thus was I introduced to Ludovico Einaudi's music. Eventually I found the sheet music online for that song, and learned to play it, and memorized it. I ended up listening to more and more of his music, got a CD of his, and then for Christmas I got the piano book of his. His music is haunting and absolutely heart-wrenchingly beautiful. The only negative thing I have to say is that a lot of the songs have similar patterns to them, but they are still lovely. I love to sit at the piano and go through the book and just play whatever I feel like. One song that I had never heard before playing it, is I due fiumi which translated means The two rivers. It is so flowing and beautiful and so fun to play.
Here is the song:
I due fiumi by Ludovico Einaudi on Grooveshark

A dream of mine, needless to say, is to see Ludovico Einaudi in concert someday. Maybe if he visits New York again I could attend a piano concert. Who knows. :)

-------------------
Ludovico Einaudi is an Italian composer/pianist, born November 23, 1955

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love receiving them. :)